ANKAA Project is a not-for-profit organisation, founded in 2017, that works with communities affected by forced migration and/or unemployment. ANKAA’s hybrid model of a social enterprise connects its education programs, focused on social inclusion, with its revenue-generating activities of creating sustainable products under fair and ethical working conditions.
ANKAA Project strengthens communities affected by forced migration and/or unemployment, by offering a quality program in tailoring coupled with language skills and employability support. Our program is aimed at social inclusion and employability for decent work opportunities in Greece and in Europe. Our revenue-generating activities offer job opportunities to experienced workers and/or former ANKAA students. Our products reflect and promote sustainability for the people, the project and the planet. We create long lasting and custom-made fashion products implementing responsible production and fair trade.
ANKAA is an equal opportunities employer. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of ability and skills without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. For more information, please visit www.ankaaproject.org
As an Operations Officer, you will oversee the day-to-day operations, including the coordination of the space, daily administration and volunteer coordination. You will be the first point of contact for visitors in the space, our students, and partner organisations. You will work closely with the management team consisting of the Managing Director, the Program and Production Director and report to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Manage access to softwares and tools (Airtable, Google Drive, Email Accounts)
- Keep updated records of ANKAA activities in annual calendar
- Ensure all documents (legal, financial, contractual) are filed
- Coordinate internal communication with partners in the space; manage WhatsApp groups used for communication
- Welcoming and guiding students, partners and visitors
- Foster relationships between students, partners, suppliers and staff
- Oversee the space
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs; communicate with handywomen/men
- Ensure all receipts, invoices and other documentation are organised and filed
- Support in tracking expenses by using Airtable
- Ensure timely payments of bills
- Support the management team in the preparation of annual reports
- Support in first screening of volunteers
- Coordinate preparatory work of new volunteers (induction, info pack, etc.)
- Ensure smooth processes for registration of students
- Manage communication with students
- Ensure tracking of attendance and certifications
Procurement and supplies management
- Monitor supplies inventories
- Coordinate procurement of supplies
- Pack, ship and track products for sale
- ANKAA staff is expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organisation’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities.
- Passionate about and committed to ANKAA Project’s mission, vision and values
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills combined with an ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to perform functional duties and related positions with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders
- Ability to interact with people from diverse and multi-disciplinary backgrounds
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to frequent change
- Other desired characteristics include strong problem-solving skills, work under pressure, able to work independently, detail-oriented, ability to grasp the “big picture”, time management skills and the willingness to try new and creative approaches
- Bilingual in English and Greek
- Speaking other languages (Arabic, Farsi, French, Turkish, etc.) is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office (Google Suite) and the ability to learn new programs/applications as needed
- First experience with Airtable is an asset
- Experience with reporting is an asset
Applications will be accepted until the 3rd of June 2023.
Please submit a cover letter describing your relevant experience, interests and motivation with your resume to [email protected]. If you had previous experience in a related field, please attach a recommendation letter or provide us with a recommendation contact.
Every application gets an acknowledgement of receipt and an answer within 14 days of the application deadline. Possible candidates will be invited for an interview.
The future Operations Officer will be guided through their different tasks and receive training during their first months.
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact: [email protected]