Job title: Female Activities Coordinator
Starting date: Immediately
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Location: Thessaloniki, Venizelou 59
Salary: 800 € (net salary)
Office Hours: 09:30 -17:30
Reporting to: COO
Application deadline: 29 November 2021
Interview dates: 1-3 December 2021
We are looking for a competent Activities Coordinator to undertake a variety of programme management tasks. You will help in organising activities e.g., language and sewing classes, outings, as well as carry out important operational duties, from creating and planning activities to supervising and evaluating their implementations.
What to Expect From the Role
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Supervise the Activities Team, review their work performance and identify individual needs.
- Lead, train, and evaluate subordinate and volunteer staff.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for activities’ success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Provide feedback to the COO and CEO on activities, strategies, and impact.
- Be in close contact with the Director of HR/Safeguarding regarding staff performance, hiring, and volunteering needs.
- Produce monthly reports with statistics.
- Oversee daily operations of programmes, coordinate weekly activities, and identify key opportunities for programme development.
- Revise programme goals and objectives to meet the changing needs of participants.
- Identify and secure community resources to enrich experiences and learning for beneficiaries.
- Create a monthly budget, tracking all spending related to activities.
- Develop new project proposals as and when required.
- Share information with the staff team regarding current features of activities e.g., aim/objectives of programmes, target areas, assessments/reports, developments.
- Work closely with the Head of Media & Advocacy to contribute to activities communications outputs.
- Publicise events by developing and distributing brochures to provide information to the community.
- Facilitate weekly activity meetings within the department for better planning.
- Capable of giving constructive feedback, brainstorming ideas, and listening to one another in the team.
- Be in communication with external organisations that can contribute to the activities for the Irida Community.
- Attend meetings as necessary and assist in the continual development of community interest and support.
- 2 + years of experience in a similar role.
- A relevant undergraduate degree is required (a master’s degree is preferred).
- Speak Greek at a native-level fluency.
- Excellent English Language skills.
- Advanced IT skills: demonstrated experience using computer applications including data statistical, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Strong EQ, with great interpersonal and communication abilities (written and oral); skilled in communicating with diverse settings, both 1:1 and in large groups, capable of building consensus across divisions.
- Ability to think creatively and to develop tailor-made proposals to meet corporate objectives.
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Action-oriented self-starter – can take responsibility for an entire project, process, or programme.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] (put “Female Activities Coordinator” in the subject line).
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier.
In the event of a successful application:
1. We will contact you to arrange an interview in person.
1. We will request the names of 2 recent referees one of whom should be your most recent employer.
2. We will request official identification and certificates (originals or certified copies) for our records.
If you do not hear from us within a week of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
We look forward to hearing from you, good luck!