Account Manager – based in Crete
Are you a Future Leader? Are you ready to realize your potential? Are you searching for a real purpose and not “just another job”?
If you are a self-starter, want to drive systematic change in Greece, and are a dog or cat lover, this job is for you.
The Account Manager will be responsible for executing specifically designed projects to promote our cause to achieve zero stray dogs and cats in municipalities where we are active. The role will translate strategic imperatives of Zero Stray Pawject (ZSP) into clear actions and ensure they are executed well and measured appropriately. The Account Manager will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, most notably the municipality, the police, veterinarians, schoolmasters, local animal welfare, and other interest groups, such as the local hunting and breeding associations.
He/ she will work with selective municipalities who successfully graduate from the Zero Stray Academy (ZSA) training.
Zero Stray Academy www.zerostrayacademy.gr teaches municipalities how to reduce the number of stray companion animals systematically and sustainably with a cruelty-free approach by applying the Zero Stray Pawject stray generation prevention model. The Account Manager is expected to form close relationships with municipal employees and key stakeholders to ensure that ZSP learnings generated over the past years, along with the other educational content offered by ZSA is applied in practice for maximum impact.
The position is for a Greek National or someone who is not only proficient in Greek but also highly accustomed to how the country operates. Proficiency (or near-proficiency) in English is required.
This is a full-time position, and you will be expected to work according to its requirements and needs, which might involve out-of-business hours work or weekend commitments. Travel will be required, and you will be expected to spend time on the ground with the municipalities where we are active to ensure the projects are executed well.
If you are the person as described below, we would love you to apply:
· University degree, 3+ years of work experience in Business Administration/Marketing or any Commerce related ﬁeld. Public policy background of advantage.
· Excellent communication skills, strong personality and self-directed
· Strong presentation, organizational & planning skills
· Self-starter and go-getter nature
· Ability to work remotely. Strong organizational skills
· Ability to build strong relationships with municipal employees, mayors, police, animal welfare, and other key stakeholder groups to drive systematic change
· Curious by nature and seeking to learn. Not afraid of failures
· Truly passionate about making a difference to stray animals
· Team spirit
· “Can Do” attitude
· Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
· Mobility and ability to travel within Greece and willingness to spend time on the ground in the municipalities where ZSP is active – driving license required
· He/she must comply to our credo: www.zerostraypawject.org/credo
· Based in North Greece or Crete
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected]