We are looking for an assistant cook to join our dedicated and passionate team.
In this role, you will be working as part of a kitchen team in order to prepare meals ready to be distributed to homeless and displaced people living in Athens.
Location: Attiki/ Sepolia, Athens
Position: Part-time/32 hours per week
Application email: [email protected]
Start date: 9th October 2023
Deadline to apply: 21st September
About Project Armonia
We are a non-profit organisation acting in solidarity with displaced people to promote equal access to nutrition and education.
We serve warm, tasty, and nutritious meals to displaced and homeless people in Athens and we are in the process of developing a food-centred educational and employability project. Through this, we aim to create a community in which we work together with displaced people towards their integration into Greek society.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Cooking and preparing meals for distribution in collaboration with the kitchen team (setting up workstation, mise en place, supporting the cook and chef with executing recipes).
- Sorting, labelling, and storing delivered supplies/food ingredients according to HACCP.
- Participating with the kitchen team in the washing up of pots, trays, and kitchen equipment.
- Participating with the Chef and the team of volunteers in the daily cleaning and disinfection and monthly deep cleaning of all areas of the kitchen.
- Responsible for carrying out all allocated duties according to the kitchen hygiene and safety rules under Greek law, including НАССР.
- Participating in kitchen team meetings as well as in organisational meetings, as required.
- Proven professional cooking experience, minimum 1 year.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in English (B1 Level of English).
- Immediate availability.
- Sound understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of HACCP, its implementation in daily operations. Knowledge of hygiene, and health & safety rules in a professional kitchen.
- Very good physical condition, including the ability to stand for long hours and to lift and carry heavy pots.
- A team player with excellent communication abilities.
- Ability to work within a team with a diverse range of backgrounds and cooking experience levels.
- Valid Health Certificate.
- HACCP certification.
- Relevant cooking certification.
- Experience working or volunteering in NGOs, preferably in NGOs working with displaced people in Greece.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
What We Offer
- A truly rewarding role as part of a highly committed team.
- A fixed-term 6 months’ contract under Greek law.
- Salary: 725 EUR Gross.
- Work hours: Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00.
- Location: Avlonos 14, Sepolia, Athens 104 43.
- Project Armonia offers 25 days of annual leave excluding public holidays.
- Application deadline: 21st September.
- Interviews & Practical assessments: 25th – 28th September.
- To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a cover letter in English.
Project Armonia is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a community and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.