Odyssea has recently established a new Employability department and is looking for talented people to join its dynamic team in order to progress its impactful goals. Empowering someone with the skills needed to integrate with the world of work is one of the most important ways to create self reliance and agency. The role of the employability program officer will be to analyze the labor market information to identify job opportunities for Odyssea job seekers. It also involves supporting the team leader in all aspects related to performing profiling, job-matching and mentoring tasks to help job seekers find jobs within agreed timescales.
Job Title: Employability Program Officer
Applications Deadline: Friday 02 April
Start Date: May
Salary: Competitive, according to experience
Location: Odyssea Academy, Nikiforou Mandilara 17, Ag. Ioannis Rentis 182 33 (see on Google Maps)
- Use labor market information to research and build additional relationships with employers, creating further employment opportunities
- Expand network of hiring companies based on data collected and analysed by the employability officer by contacting the relevant hiring companies
- Interview and register applicants on weekly basis
- Propose jobs to job seekers
- Propose people to companies
- Follow up with jobseekers after referring them to employers, and /or after being hired
- Maintain a record system, case notes and other electronic files to ensure high quality standards
- Work closely with staff in the development of monitoring and documentation tools to capture the progress and outcomes of the project, as well as issue-based research tools
- Support the development and timely implementation of Odyssea’s working plans related to aforementioned activities of responsibility.
- Identify, map, report and develop relationships with relevant partner organisations focused on employability services.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Well organized, structured and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to conduct data collection on the local labor market and enter collected information on job vacancies, training opportunities into the database.
- Recruitment experience will be considered as an asset
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in/flair for developing/working with digital platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant NGOs’ experience at officer level (working in the livelihoods programs – specifically training development)
- Project planning, implementation follow-up and monitoring
- Deeply motivated by and committed to humanitarian work
- Persistent and focused on the tasks, but at the same time creative and open-minded
- Quick learner; affinity to numbers as well as good understanding why details matter
- Understanding of the rights and protection issues of vulnerable groups