The Fundraising Officer will work closely with the Fundraising Manager and the Management team to support MedINA in securing and expanding its donor base through the development and implementation of a fundraising plan. He/ she will support all fundraising actions, including researching and keeping track of funding opportunities, developing and coordinating specific funding proposals and bids to donors and running necessary systems to help fundraising work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager to develop and implement a fundraising plan, organise and coordinate a major donors’ programme and develop income streams for unrestricted and other funding.
- Develop and coordinate specific funding proposals and tailored and persuasive bids to donors in a timely manner.
- Research and track funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids.
- Optimise fundraising actions by researching and targeting suitable donors and calls for proposals, developing necessary and persuasive material and handling administrational aspects.
- Strategically develop new sources of funding and donor centric communications material to support fundraising in collaboration with the Fundraising and Communications Managers.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new donors and sponsors and identify and support strategic partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a system to support administrational aspects of fundraising.
- Work closely with the Communication manager to develop and organize fundraising activities and events (both digital and physical) and support the development of communications material, social media engagement strategies etc.
- Develop a monitoring system, monitor and report on the implementation of the fundraising plan.
- Support all fundraising related activities and carry out additional assignments, as required by the Fundraising Manager.
- At least two years proven track record in similar fundraising role, preferably in an NGO and in the field of nature and/or culture.
Experience in institutional grant proposal development (EU, international and national donors etc.).
- Appropriate first or second degree (i.e. Environmental or Social sciences, Marketing, Communications etc.).
- Experience in designing and/or implementing fundraising plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Greek, as well as public speaking skills.
- Good IT literacy skills and experience in content creation for fundraising and communication material.
- Proven ability to understand financial information and budgets.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and execute a programme of work.
- Experience of working in a busy, high pressured environment.
- Ability to travel in Greece and abroad.
- Driving license.
- Able to take responsibility and initiative for your areas of work – independent thinker, able and willing to problem solve and deal constructively with change.
- Able to work collaboratively, seeking, encouraging and building on the ideals of colleagues.
- Good interpersonal skills: approachable, professional, courteous, able to talk with people at all levels.
- Organised with attention to details.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the following link: https://apply.workable.com/j/CEFDB069F9
Please, note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of applications: 30/5/2021
*The cover letter should not exceed one A4 page. The candidate should describe why he or she is suitable for the proposed position and interested in working in MedINA. Candidates are invited to attach examples of related work they have completed in the past or include links to on-line content.