Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to [email protected], mentioning in the subject line the title of the position ‘Helpline Operator’’.
The deadline is May 7th, 2023.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. In Greece, CRS works closely with Caritas partners in support of asylum seekers and recognized refugees. Current programming includes included cash assistance, accommodation, livelihoods, and supports to integrate into Greek society.
The Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection and Temporary Protection (HELIOS) is designed to support self-reliance through a sustainable integration mechanism. Managed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) with funding from the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum, the project includes integration courses, accommodation support and other components to support integration. In partnership with Caritas Hellas and Caritas Athens, CRS is a key HELIOS partner, including managing the project helpline and ICT4D tools that facilitate the accomodation component of the project.
As a member of the HELIOS Project team, you will use strong interpersonal skills to provide timely responses to questions, concerns and feedback of refugees and asylum seekers in Greece. You will also provide interpretation to support monitoring and evaluation activities and other initiatives to ensure accountability to project participants and project learning.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Maintain sensitivity to safeguarding considerations and uphold CRS’ commitment to honor and protect the rights and dignity of all people — especially children and vulnerable adults — to live free from abuse and harm.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
· Provide timely and accurate information to address the needs and concerns of refugees and asylum seekers.
· Respond to queries via phone, message applications, or other media, or in person.
· Document queries and feedback to promote project learning and accountability.
· Provide responses to queries in a professional manner using approved key messages and scripts on different topics.
· Provide in-person verbal interpretation.
· Communicate accurately the content and style of verbal communication of the speaker.
· Support mutual understanding between conversation participants.
· Provide translation of monitoring, evaluation, and accountability (MEAL) tools such as questionnaires.
· Provide translation of information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
· Provide interpretation during data collection events such as focus group discussions or interviews.
· Conduct phone surveys as needed.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
Required Foreign Language: Written and spoken fluency in French, Arabic and English.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Experience working with refugees and migrants is preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and digital data collection tools is a plus.
· Greek work authorization required.
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning, capacity building and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data is a plus.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI)
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality.
· Willing to discuss sensitive matters discreetly.
· Comfortable working under pressure.
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
· Acceptance of cultural differences and ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
· Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
· Mature disposition in appropriately managing sensitive situations; ability to manage emotions professionally at all times.
Travel Required: No
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Programming Team
External: Caritas Hellas, Caritas Athens, HELIOS implementing partners, network of stakeholders
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to
fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer