Odyssea seeks a qualified person to work as an Office Assistant. The position includes various tasks such as interpersonal relations, data entry, filing and constant human interaction. We are looking for a person who will play a key role in the execution and achievement of our existing and future projects. The person will be responsible for administrative and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs within an NGO environment. The person will be assisting assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries. Working with and maintaining data management and filing for programs is expected.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Applications Deadline: Friday 02 April
Start Date: April
Salary: Competitive, according to experience
Location: Odyssea Academy, Nikiforou Mandilara 17, Ag. Ioannis Rentis 182 33 (see on Google Maps)
- Manage the Front Desk and provide receptionist service
- Day to day communication duties
- Ensuring the working space’s integrity and safety
- Data entry and data analytics regarding beneficiaries and business associates
- Everyday use, update and maintenance of our digital tools
- Carry out information and data retrieval searches using electronic databases
- Arrange meetings for registering job seekers, for introducing Odyssea to potential hiring companies
- Assisting in filtering of job seekers for relevant job positions
- Providing logistics support for workshops, trainings and meetings
Required qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in the humanitarian field (either professional or educational)
- Excellent computer skills (MS office, Google Drive, CRM)
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and communication skills
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting required
- Excellent language skills (both in Greek and English)
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including patience, politeness and attention to detail
- Commitment to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices
- Experience with data entry/Salesforce or other similar database software programs
- Experience in delivering reports and key information to management
- Implementation of matters related to confidentiality, data protection and any other relevant legal requirements
- Able to manage own workload and support others to do likewise
- Positive mindset with a can-do approach to work
- Determined and tenacious – able to see projects through to completion
- A commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to vary style according to the audience.
- Experience in publication and material design and layout work utilizing InDesign would be of benefit but not required.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and manage workload.