The Head of Livelihoods will be responsible for coordinating all Livelihoods projects of the Irida Women’s Center. They will be responsible for the quality implementation of all aspects of the program: adult learning activities, vocational training, community building and recreational activities, employability services, information sharing, and program monitoring. The Head of Livelihoods will directly oversee staff members and volunteers responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the programs. They will work closely with all of Irida’s departments: Protection, Finance & Compliance, Fundraising & Communications to design and implement integrated & trauma-informed activities, reports, proposals, needs assessments, and MEAL material.
The position reports to the CEO.
Starting Date: June 1st, 2023
Contract type: 06-month contract (with the possibility of extension)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week – 8 hours per day
(Office) Hours: 9.30-17.30
• Leadership of the Livelihoods Program: Monitors the implementation of the Livelihoods program and provides guidance to the staff members to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the programs are monitored and evaluated, and that reports are written and submitted in a timely manner.
• Provides technical guidance to all Livelihoods team.
• Directly supervises, reports, and provides quality oversight to and mentoring of the team.
• Maintains open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance to support staff to successfully perform in their positions.
• Ensure that project activities are implemented within the assigned budget parameters.
• Records and Analyzes challenges/concerns, and assesses risks and opportunities.
• Ensures relevant project data is accurately collected and updated.
• Ensures timely completion and submission of reports.
• Conducts research and analysis and drafts assessments and reports, on an as-needed basis.
• Contributes to organizational strategic direction and plans, in consultation with the other Heads and the CEO.
• Develops and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders.
• Effectively represents Irida Women’s Center at coordination meetings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (humanitarian, social sciences, education), master’s degree is a plus.
• At least 3 years of experience implementing and managing livelihoods/integration or educational programs.
• At least 2 years of experience supervising and managing teams in a multi-cultural setting.
• Strong understanding of the context and strong interest in supporting vulnerable populations.
• Previous experience in program development and budget management.
• Previous experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
• Strong analytical, verbal, and communication skills.
• Capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advice, coordination, training, and transfer of technical knowledge.
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to changes, solution-oriented, and capacity to work under pressure.
• Positive and professional attitude, including the ability to lead and work well in a team setting, comfortable in a multi–cultural environment.
• High competency in Office and G-Suite packages.
• Fluency in both Greek and English.
To apply for this position please send your CV to [email protected].
The above is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Irida Women’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and Partner, that considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Irida Women’s Center operates and enforces policies for Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child, and Adult Safeguarding.