As a Project Manager you will need to undertake a variety of management tasks, including program, team and financial management. You will supervise ANKAA’s programs, manage staff and volunteers, as well as lead financial management (budgeting, accounting, analysis and reporting). You work closely together with the department managers and report to the Board of Directors.
Program and Project Management
- Responsible for planning, organization, supervision and direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Develop and ensure implementation of policies and procedures and operational metrics
- Provide leadership and guide staff and volunteers throughout the organization
- Organize team meetings
- Provide regular feedback and mentoring to the team members
- Organize evaluations
- Organize team building activities and build positive relationships within the team
- Organize and manage recruitment, contracts, leave days, etc.
- Supervise outreach and recruitment of volunteers
- Prepare quarterly and annual budgets
- Manage budgets and track expenditures and transactions
- Lead financial analysis and reporting through expenditure analysis
- Communicate with accountants and other financial stakeholders, and manage payments
Partnerships & Networking
- Collaborate with other organizations and local communities
- Represent ANKAA at events as well as meetings of different working groups in Athens
- Manage MoUs with ANKAA partners
- Keep updated records of ANKAA activities
- Create and update Monitoring & Evaluation tools
- Create reports on ANKAA’s impact
- Manage close communication with the Board of Directors, the team and partners
- Represent ANKAA in public and networking events
ANKAA staff is expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities.
- Passionate about and committed to ANKAA Project’s mission, vision and values
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills combined with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to inspire trust, to motivate people and to work collaboratively
- Ability to interact with people from diverse and multi-disciplinary backgrounds and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to frequent changes
- Other desired characteristics include strong problem-solving skills, work under pressure, able to work independently, detail-oriented, ability to grasp the “big picture”, time management skills and the willingness to try new and creative approaches
- Bilingual in English and Greek
- Speaking other languages (Arabic, Farsi, French, Turkish, etc.) is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office (Google Suite) and the ability to learn new programs/applications as needed
- The perfect candidate should have an experience in a related field (in the context of migration or non-profit management) or a background in project management, non-profit management, etc.
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
How to apply
Applications will be accepted until the 15th of March 2023.
Please submit a cover letter describing your relevant experience, interests and motivation with your resume to [email protected] If you had previous experience in a related field, please attach a recommendation letter or provide us with a recommendation contact.
Every application gets an acknowledgement of receipt and an answer within 14 days of the application deadline. Possible candidates will be invited for an interview. The future project manager will be guided through her or his different tasks and receive extensive training during her or his first months.
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact: [email protected]