JOB DESCRIPTION- SOCIAL WORKER (WITH GREEK LICENCE)
Are you a licensed Greek social worker with experience in case management and psychosocial support of refugees and migrants? And are you available from February onwards? Then come strengthen our team! As a social worker, you will be responsible for individual case management in our MHPSS programme in the city centre of Athens.
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychosocial (emergency) aid and stands up for the rights of people seeking refuge. We take action where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost. Since 2015, we have been working in various locations at the borders of Europe. Currently, we are setting up and implementing a new programme in Athens, where we offer MHPSS services (Mental Health and Psychosocial Support).
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a social worker, you will be responsible for individual case management in our MHPSS programme in the city centre of Athens. The program offers psychosocial support to adult refugees and migrants, focusing on increasing their strength and capacity. Our approach is comprehensive and strength based; BRF focuses on the individual and takes each person’s identity, strength and capacity as a starting point.
You will be joining our Athens team, consisting of an Area Manager, a MHPSS Coordinator, a Greek psychologist and a team of international professional volunteers. You’ll be working closely with our MHPSS coordinator and Area Manager to develop a service map and network with other organisations. You will also help the team ensure that our organisation is well embedded in both the Greek services as in the (international) NGOs.
THESE ARE YOUR TASKS:
- Establishing a safe environment and conducting case management and individual follow ups with our beneficiaries;
- Mapping of services and frequent updating of our social map;
- Referring beneficiaries to other actors and services, booking appointments and accompanying them when needed;
- Screening of referrals and conducting first intakes, needs and social history assessments;
- Providing psychosocial reports to external partners when needed;
- Supporting the MHPSS volunteer team with outreach, identification of cases, awareness raising and group activities;
- Creating and delivering, in collaboration with the coordinator, MHPSS capacity building activities such as trainings;
- Attending meetings, such as multidisciplinary meetings and intervision with the MHPSS team;
- Ensuring all relevant internal reports are in place according to agreed deadlines.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a social worker, you have experience working with vulnerable groups. You know how to apply a strengths-based approach, by always taking someone’s identity, knowledge and skills as a starting point. You communicate clearly and enjoy working together with your colleagues. You are aware of the background of our target population (adult refugees and migrants) and know how to support people by informing and linking them to available services and activities in Athens.
THIS IS YOUR PROFILE: :
- Completed university degree in Social Work;
- Professional licence to practise social work in Greece;
- Member of the Association of Greek Social Workers;
- At least two years of work experience in providing psychosocial support and case management to adult refugees and migrants;
- Experience in mapping services in an urban context, preferably in Athens;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in Greek and English;
- Computer literacy skills.
SKILLS / COMPETENCES:
- Strong clinical skills in supporting vulnerable populations;
- Comprehensive strength-based approach;
- Empowerment competencies, psychoeducation knowledge and PFA skills;
- Self awareness and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong skills when it comes to communication, collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving;
- Teamwork spirit;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Integrity and respect of the code of conduct.
WHAT ARE STRONG PROS?
- You speak French/Farsi/Arabic;
- You hold a Masters degree in a relevant field;
- Any other relevant training/seminars/education you have followed.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer you a paid three-month contract for 25 hours a week, with a possibility of extension. You will be placed on our project via outsourcing in collaboration with an outsourcing company based in Athens.
- A versatile job within a social organisation in full development;
- A personal training budget;
- A position in a motivated team that works closely together;
- Supervision / Personal coaching.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Do you fit the profile above and are you available from February 2023 ? Then please send us your motivation letter and CV in English to [email protected]. Checking references is a part of our recruitment process. Therefore we ask you to include the contact details of two references. You can apply until the 20th of January. As we review applications on a rolling basis, please submit the application as soon as possible. We retain the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date. Interviews will be held during the period 25-27/01/2023. We look forward to your response!
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? Please reach out to [email protected].